Online casino gaming has prompted an enormous surge in the popularity of baccarat. For the first time, anyone wishing to do so has the option of playing baccarat online from pretty much anywhere in the world. If you’d prefer not to head out to a traditional casino, you don’t have to – it’s all right there on your home computer.
Or for that matter, the mobile phone sitting in your pocket right now.
Having been around since the 16th century, baccarat is far from a newcomer to the scene. It’s just that it’s only as of relatively recently that the everyday casino gamer has demonstrated an interest in this quintessential casino classic.
Learning the Rules
Though baccarat has a very unique set of rules, it’s actually pretty simple to get to grips with. There are three possible outcomes with each game – a player wins, a dealer wins, or both players tie. The players choose and bet on one of these possibilities before the cards are dealt, so you’re betting on whether you win or lose.
The dealing follows a specific pattern every single time. The player has no part in asking for more cards or declining them; the players’ only job in Baccarat is to correctly predict the outcome of the game. The hand with the highest value wins and the player who correctly predicts the outcome is victorious and walks away with a prize.
Mastering the Basics of Baccarat Online
In each game of baccarat, the two players involved (the player and the dealer) are both dealt two cards. After this initial deal, it is up to the player to determine which of the hands they believe will win.
Once this choice has been made, the cards are then shown. At which point, if either hand totals eight or nine, it’s declared the champ of the deal – aka the coup. Nevertheless, if neither hand makes an eight or a nine, it may be possible to draw another card if certain conditions are in place.
For the player’s hand, the conditions are relatively simple: if the opening total is between zero and five, they can draw a third card. Moreover, if their opening total is six or seven, they aren’t allowed to draw a third card.
Following this, control transfers to the dealer, who must choose their move in accordance with slightly more complex conditions. For the player, baccarat is one of the simplest of all casino games and can be picked up in a matter of minutes.
Particularly when playing online, where it’s often possible to play for free, or with stakes as low as a few pennies.
How to Win when Playing Baccarat Online
When it comes to tactics for online gambling, baccarat provides the bare minimal scope for lowering the house edge via strategic play. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t increase your probabilities of success with a little bit of knowledge.
There are some who believe that the best way to succeed when playing baccarat is to continuously bet on the bank – i.e. the dealer’s hand. Statistically, however, this doesn’t actually give you any real edge. In addition, the vast majority of casinos impose an additional 5% tax for betting on the bank. Which means that even if you do win, you’ll be handing some of your money over to the casino.
The truth is, baccarat is a game of chance, with just a small amount of savvy and strategy on the side. There’s no such thing as a baccarat strategy that’s guaranteed to prove effective over any given period of time. It’s worth remembering that this is a classic casino game that has been around for many centuries. If there was a way of beating the bank on a regular or even frequent basis, it would have been worked out a long time ago.
It would have also resulted in casinos worldwide going bankrupt, which clearly hasn’t happened. Practice makes perfect and is by far the best way of getting to grips with baccarat. Just be cautious when you read or hear about any so-called ‘winning’ strategies, as they really don’t exist.
What Are the Benefits of Playing Baccarat Online?
There will always be those who suggest that if you really want to enjoy baccarat, you need to head out to a real life casino. Online baccarat may have its charms, but can’t compare with the real thing…or so they say.
In reality, online baccarat shares the same selling points and advantages as all other online casino games. Sign up with a good online casino and gain access to a whole bunch of exclusive benefits, such as:
- Total Convenience. Play baccarat and hundreds of other amazing casino games at any time and at any place. You can even take your gaming on the go with pretty much any smartphone or tablet PC.
- Bonus Offers. Almost every online casino in business these days offers exclusive bonuses and incentives for new customers, which simply don’t exist with real-life casinos. Score bonus credit, free spins or even a cash-back offer, just by signing up.
- Sensible Stakes. Playing baccarat online, you’re in control of how much you wager. In fact, it’s even possible to play for free with some top-name casinos, so you can see how the game plays out before spending a penny.
- Endless Variety. No real-life casino in the world can boast the same kind of variety as a top-name online casino. At the touch of a button, you’ll be looking at (literally) thousands of epic games to try out.
- Live Dealers. If you want a true taste of the real thing from home, simply look for the ‘Live Casino’ section with a major casino brand. All the benefits of online gaming, with the added extra of a real-life dealer to make the whole thing even more immersive.
In a nutshell, baccarat is something anyone with an interest in casino gaming should check out. Though often mistaken as a complex game that’s difficult to get into, baccarat is one of the simplest and most enjoyable casino card games you’ll ever play.
You might also find the following articles interesting:
- A Quick Look at Guts, the Home of the Video Slot
- 5 Online Casino Tips You Cannot Live Without
- Are Online Casinos Trustworthy?