The market for online casinos is already huge, but is only set to continue growing indefinitely. In fact, the industry as a whole is projected to be worth $59.79 billion by 2020. All of which is great news for keen casino gamers worldwide, but inherently brings a handful of complications into the mix.
One of which being the small matter of choosing which online casino to trust with your time and money.
Spend a few minutes browsing online and you’ll find literally thousands of online gaming sites operated by hundreds of major and minor brands from all over the world. Unsurprisingly, each and every one of these casinos will tell you anything and everything to convince you to sign up. And given the nature of the industry, you can’t expect every casino to be 100% honest.
Even when you narrow things down to a bunch of solid casinos, you can still find yourself struggling to choose the best of the bunch. They all appear to offer the same games, the same promotions, the same payment methods and so on. You want to get maximum value and enjoyment for your money, but could find yourself blindsided by their marketing spiel. The good news being that there’s a quick and easy way to have someone else do the hard work on your behalf.
Just as there are comparison and review sites to help people find the best flights, hotels, or restaurants, there is also a booming sector which focuses on singling out the top online casinos. This means that everyday users don’t need to spend all their time trawling through search engine results to find a casino which suits them.
CasinoWings.com is one of the market-leaders right now, which works hard to find and review as many online casinos as possible to provide customers with choice. Sites like this aim to list bonus offers, games and payment methods so that customers are able to select which site sounds best for their needs.
For the most part, casino comparison sites take into account a bunch of metrics to determine which online casinos occupy the top-spots. Examples of which being introductory bonus offers, free spins, gaming variety and general feedback from their current customers. It’s also possible to use comparison sites to find online casinos in accordance with specific player preferences. If you’re more about poker than online slots, you can tailor your search accordingly. If you’d prefer to handle transactions using PayPal instead of a credit card, no problem.
Still, just as you’d be careful when evaluating the quality and responsibility of an online casino, you need to exercise the same caution here. The problem being that not all online comparison sites are as honest and transparent as they appear to be.
The Importance of Independence
What’s important to remember is that there’s a huge difference between an independent comparison site and an affiliate website. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to tell the difference at a glance.
The only casino comparison websites you should be trusting are those that are 100% independent and unafraid to tell it like it is. Affiliates are paid to bring new customers to specific online casinos and casino operators, often painting an unrealistic picture of their quality. Truth is, there isn’t a fundamentally flawless online casino up and running in any major market right now. So when you come across a recommendation that’s almost too good to be true, it probably is.
If unsure, it’s simply a case of seeing what others have to say about the comparison site in question. Carry out a quick online search and see if and to what extent they’ve earned a solid reputation and can therefore be trusted.
The Hallmarks of a Quality Casino
Comparison sites can be great for finding a decent casino in accordance with certain metrics and characteristics. Nevertheless, it’s up to you and you alone to determine which is the right casino for you. You’ll need to take into account your bankroll, your gaming preferences, your preferred payment types and anything else you prioritise.
For the most part, identifying a quality casino isn’t as difficult as it sounds. Instead, it’s a case of ensuring the casino you choose ticks the following basic boxes:
- Quality Gaming. First up, if the casino doesn’t offer the gaming you’re into in abundance, there’s no point going any further. So before creating an account, take the time to browse their gaming library and see what’s available. If you can’t find whatever it is you’re looking for, you’ll find it elsewhere.
- Professionalism. Let your first impressions be your guide and trust your gut instincts. If you’re not instantly impressed by the professionalism and quality of the casino, take your business elsewhere. If there’s the slightest hint of amateur-hour or anything suspicious, it simply isn’t worth taking the risk.
- Bonus Offers. Don’t make the mistake of being blindsided by OTT bonus offers of zero value. As a rule of thumb, any bonus offer that seems too good to be true almost certainly is. Take the time to check out those all-important wagering requirements, along with any other terms and conditions attached to the bonus offers. And always remember that you can opt out of any bonus offers that are of no use to you.
- Customer Support. There’s a strong chance you’ll need to contact the casino’s customer support team at some point going forwards. Hence, it’s a good idea to ensure they’re available and ready to listen when you need them. See what kind of contact information they provide and put them to the test with a couple of simple questions – before you sign up.
- Feedback and Recommendations. Last but not least, nothing matters more than the reputation the casino has built among its past and present customers. Unless they have an established track-record, you’re rolling the dice by signing up. Carry out a quick online search and see what’s being said by those you can count on to tell the truth.
You might also find the following articles interesting:
- A Beginner’s Guide to Roulette – Getting Started
- 10 Ways Real-life Casinos Differ from Online Gaming
- 14 Facts to Amaze, Astound and Bore Your Friends to Death With!