New to online casinos? Have doubts regarding free spins bonuses? If yes, you’re far from in the minority. In fact, it’s advisable to question anything that comes your way online that’s supposedly ‘free’ of charge.
As you’ll come to know as you progress, there’s rarely (if ever) such a thing as a free lunch online. More importantly, the more generous an incentive appears to be, the less likely it is to be legit.
Why do Casinos Offer Free Spins?
The concept of bonuses and free spins may be foreign to you if you’re new to the world of online casinos. Why would a casino give players a free chance to win money? The short answer is simple – they don’t!
Free spins/bonuses are a terrific technique to lure new players who might not have played if they hadn’t gotten a generous welcome bonus. It helps them build trust and get new players on board. With such ferocious competition on the online casino landscape, providers don’t think twice about handing out incentives to appeal to new customers.
But what’s important to remember with free spins is that you’re not really looking at much of a money-spinner. On the surface, you’d be forgiven for thinking that every free spin meant the chance of pocketing a prize. Normally the case with conventional spins, but not quite the same with free spins.
Terms and Conditions Apply
Realistically, any casino handing out free spins without a bunch of caveats would face heavy losses. Even if they brought a bunch of new customers on board, they could find themselves paying out huge prizes for nothing in return.
Consequently, this is not the way free spins work. Instead, packages of free spins are always handed out with a long list of terms and conditions.
Just a few examples of which include the following:
- Wagering Requirements – How much of your own money you are expected to wager at the casino, before being able to withdraw any winnings.
- Maximum Prize Payouts – You’ll almost always find that with free spins, there’s a limitation to how much you can win. In some instances, no more than say £10 collectively.
- Time Limitations – You will also be limited with the amount of time you have to use your free spins, otherwise you will forfeit your remaining spins and winnings.
- Game Restriction – Most casinos also impose restrictions on which online slots can be played with the free spins you receive.
Now, none of the above should discourage you from the idea of free spins entirely. It’s simply a case of reminding yourself on occasion that ‘free’ isn’t always quite as free as it appears to be.
Reading all terms and conditions before getting started is essential, whatever kind of bonus you’re considering taking advantage of.
What Are the Benefits of Free Spins?
At this point, you could be questioning whether or not it’s worth bothering with free spins. The short answer is yes, as even when there are plenty of caveats, there’s still plenty to gain in return.
Free spins are indeed a marketing tool, but that doesn’t change the fact that free spins are also a fantastic deal for gamers. Free spins allow you to test out slots that you might not have otherwise considered – all for free.
Another benefit of free spins is that they allow players to increase their bankroll without risking their own money. Free spins can also be an excellent way to test out a new casino site. You get a chance to try out the many elements of a casino that you might not have explored before, by collecting free spins and using them on the site.
Plus, there is always the somewhat modest chance of pocketing an equally modest prize. You’re unlikely to walk away with a much more than a bit of pocket money, but still – anything is better than nothing.
How to Get Free Spins
Getting your hands on the best free spins bonuses currently available is fairly straightforward. There are just four things you need to do, in order to get something for nothing and boost your bankroll:
- Pick your preferred free spins casino: The first step in getting free spins is to browse the latest free spins casino listings, in order to find yourself a top name provider you can trust.
- Register with the casino: After you’ve discovered a casino you want to play at, the following step is to create an account with them. The casino will ask you to fill out some basic information to register.
- Claim the free spin: Make sure you read the terms and conditions before claiming a single free spin, paying close attention to things like wagering requirements, maximum wins, defined bet, and the ability to keep your winnings.
- Play the game: If you’re happy to go ahead, the free spins will be credited to your account and you are free to go play the games eligible within the offer.
At this point, it’s worth highlighting the importance of treating all free spins and bonus credit as nothing more than ‘play’ money. Hugely enjoyable and great for making your bankroll go further, but not something you are likely to make much money from.
You can collect and use all the casino bonuses in the world, but turning them into a meaningful profit isn’t quite as easy as it sounds!
The Best Slot Machines to Check Out Right Now
Rounding things off, there’s no shortage of fantastic online slots to spend an hour or two with today. Casinos and developers are constantly upping the ante in terms of game play, RTP and the potential to take home generous cash prizes.
For those new to the whole thing and looking to cut straight to the best in the business, these are some of the highest-rated (and highest RTP) slots worth checking out right now:
- Blood Suckers
- Kings of Chicago
- Devil’s Delight
- Jack Hammer
- Guns N’ Roses
- Immortal Romance
All of which may be available with a bunch of free spins, depending on the casino you sign up with. Hence, it’s worth shopping around to find yourself a good deal, before deciding where to open your account.
You might also find the following articles interesting:
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Online Slot Machines
- 10 Ways Real-life Casinos Differ from Online Gaming
- 8 Things Your Casino Doesn’t Want You to Know