Most online casinos these days offer free spins on sign up as part of their welcome package. Alongside deposit bonuses, no-deposit bonuses and other freebies, free spins are becoming part and parcel of the whole shebang. No-deposit bonuses have unique appeal, but there’s also much to be said for free spins. Particularly where free spins are provided minus the usual OTT wagering requirements. Limitations are to be expected, but there are some free-spin deals out there that are more than worth checking out.
The question being – where to find them?
When Free Spins Are Free
As any seasoned casino gamer will know, the term ‘free’ gets thrown around a little too loosely in this industry. Head to just about any online casino in business right now and you’ll be bombarded with ‘free’ this and ‘free’ that. In most instances however, free isn’t quite as free as it looks.
In the case of free spins, you could argue that a spin handed out with no payment on your part qualifies as free. In which case, the only genuine free spins are those that are part of a no-deposit bonus offer. That being, a bonus offer available to the customer, without them first having to transfer funds into their account.
The good news is that no-deposit bonus offers are becoming more commonplace than ever before. Designed to appeal to new customers and attract subscribers, it’s simply a case of signing up and claiming the bonus respectively. In most instances, you’ll probably be looking at a maximum of say £10 in bonus funds and maybe 10 or 20 free spins.
Absolute freebies with no payment required, but with one important proviso. In the case of no-deposit bonus offers, wagering requirements tend to be steep…if not vertical. For example, you’ll be handed £10 to play with, but with wagering requirements of 100X and a time limit of seven days. In the case of the 10 free spins, your potential winnings could be limited £5. You might also have no more than a few games to choose from.
On one hand therefore, you’re taking home a bunch of free spins without paying for the privilege. On the other, it’s extremely difficult to win anything with them. Hence, they’re better interpreted as free spins for fun, rather than for turning a profit.
When Free Spins Are Not Free
At the opposite end of the scale, more typical bonuses hand out free spins after the player has deposited funds. Most commonly offered for new customers, welcome packages hand out anything from 10 to 200 free spins. There are even those that offer daily free spins on an indefinite basis. The proviso in this case is the deposit you pay, but this can at least have one positive effect on the whole thing.
With standard deposit bonus offers like these, wagering requirements and general terms apply. However, they don’t tend to be nearly as severe as those in relation to no-deposit bonus offers. Instead, you’ll typically be looking at wagering requirements in the region of 30X. Perhaps with a time limitation of a month or so.
Free spins accessed as part of a deposit bonus offer are also (usually) more liberal. More games to choose from, easier wagering requirements to fulfil and the potential to win more attractive prizes. It’s still unlikely you’ll be hitting the big-time with free spins of any kind, but still…less restrictive than no-deposit free spins.
Bagging the Best Bonus Offers
For anyone out to sign up with a new casino, it simply makes sense to ensure you get the best possible deal. As mentioned at the top, pretty much every casino in business right now has its own take on introductory bonus offers. Some of which are more generous and realistic than others. Ultimately, it’s up to you to ensure you make a safe and savvy decision.
The good news is that finding the best bonus offers available doesn’t have to be difficult. It’s simply a case of considering all options, in accordance with the following:
- Generosity. You’d be forgiven for thinking that the more generous the bonus, the better. In reality, OTT bonus offers are exactly as they appear to be – too good to be true! When you think about it, what’s the likelihood of a casino genuinely handing out introductory bonuses of £2,000? Or 500 free spins for every new customer? The more generous the bonus, the less believable it becomes. Err on the side of caution and stick with those who don’t try to blind you with ridiculous numbers.
- One of the best ways of tapping into the best bonuses in the business is to use the recommendations of other players. This is effectively the only source of honest and impartial information you have. You can’t rely on the casinos themselves to tell it like it is, so be sure to carry out at least a little independent research. If they’ve earned the approval of the players, you’re golden!
- Terms and conditions. It’s up to you to consult those all-important terms and conditions in full. If the wagering requirements and general terms are excessive, there’s no point accepting the bonus offer. If the conditions are too complex to understand in the first place, the same applies. Ensure you know exactly what you’re getting yourself into, before getting into it.
- General restrictions. In the case of free spins, it’s also worth establishing any restrictions that apply. If the free spins can only be used on Starburst, for example, they’re of little value to a player who cannot stand Starburst.
- Time Limitations. Once again, it’s worth taking into account if and to what extent any time limitations apply. Particularly when a bonus offer seems suspiciously generous, you’ll probably find yourself with a strictly limited time to make any real use of it.
So once again, it’s down to you to verify the best bonus deals up for grabs right now. Inject a little common sense into the equation and you’ll know exactly what to do when the time comes
You might also find the following articles interesting:
- 10 Reasons You’re Doomed to Stay Poor…Unless You Change Your Ways!
- 5 New Bingo Trends to Look Out For
- 5 Tips to Pick the Best Online Casinos