243 - 243
1 - 1
Here’s a little factoid to make you feel nice and old – Ace Ventura: Pet Detective officially landed 22 years ago as of 2016. Serious – the movie is well over two decades old…now how ancient do you feel? But’s let’s not dwell on such melancholy matters – let’s instead dive into the official Ace Ventura: Pet Detective slot from Playtech!
If you are (or were) a fan of the movie, chances are you’ll be won over pretty quick. The slot follows the same theme, style, story and general sense of humour as the 90s flick itself, complete with Jim Carrey taking the lead. Love him or loathe him, there’s no denying he’s a real icon of the era. He’s got just a fortnight to recover the beloved mascot of the Miami Dolphins (a dolphin named Snowflake), only this time – you’re invited along for the ride. Or swim. Or whatever!
Getting down to business, it’s a five-reel slot with a very tasty 243 paylines of which every last one is in play at all times. Play for free, put pennies on the line or push the boat out with more adventurous wagers – there’s plenty of scope to suit all gaming styles and budgets. And of course, there’s a good dose of humour thrown in along the way for good measure.
Payout & bonus rounds
The highest possible payout during normal play can be scored by landing five Ace Ventura: Pet Detective badges in a row – worth 200X your wager. As for the playing card symbols, hit three identical values in a row to pocket a slightly more modest 5X your wager.
The wild symbol takes the form of Mr. Ventura himself holding a business card, which is good for replacing any other symbol apart from the animal modifier and the scatter symbol. Speaking of which, the scatter symbol takes the guise of a rhino’s rear end (nice). Seven free games are up for grabs by landing scatters on the first, third and fifth reels, during which animal modifier bonuses sweeten the deal even further.
Animal modifier symbols are collected during gameplay, though it’s only the most recent two you picked up that than become live while using your free spins. The six symbols available are:
- ‘Not Snowflake’ (Shark) – Extra free games
- ‘Ellie’ (Elephant) – Expanded reels
- ‘Cuddles’ (Gorilla) – Symbol upgrade
- ‘Winged Spawn of Satan’ (Bat) – Random wilds
- ‘Albie’ (Albino pigeon) – Reel three wild multiplier
- ‘Snowflake’ (Dolphin) – Mystery win multiplier
There’s also the possibility of upping the number of active animal modifiers from two to three, which happens when you come across the rather elusive key symbol during normal play. And if that’s not enough, a further three bonus features can be randomly triggered at any time, namely the ‘Loser’ feature, ‘Sneaky Walk’ feature and ‘Jungle Friends’ feature.
The thing is, if you’ve no time for the movie itself or the man himself, chances are you’re not going to give the Ace Ventura: Pet Detective slot the time of day. But you’d be missing out on something epic as while it might be gimmicky and borderline cheesy, it’s in every way one of the most feature-packed, impressively engineered and generally enjoyable slots ever to join the Playtech catalogue.
- BonusesLet Casino Papa be your guide to the biggest and best bonuses available! With our expert insights and 100% ...
- BasicsLet Casino Papa guide you through the basics of getting up and running with a high quality online casino. If ...
- GamesFancy yourself as a future card shark? Interested in taking your poker skills to the next level? Or perhaps ...
- SafetyDiscover what it really means to be a safe and responsible online casino customer, with a little help from ...